Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rep. Crump's angry letter to RNC Chair Michael Steele about Pullen & his support for a tax increase

From: Sam Crump
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:12 AM
To: 'Chairman@gop.com'
Subject: Msg from Arizona State Rep. Sam Crump regarding Randy Pullen.

Good morning-

This is a message from Arizona State Rep. Sam Crump to Republican National Chairman Michael Steele.

Chairman Steele, you and I met a couple years ago here in Arizona. I am writing to you because I want you to be aware of recent unacceptable conduct by Arizona Republican Chairman and National Republican Treasurer Randy Pullen.

At last Monday's meeting of my District's Republican Committee, Mr. Pullen showed up and gave a speech which completely maligned me and my State Senator, Pamela Gorman. Apparently, Mr. Pullen did not like our opposition votes on the recent State budget. Regardless of his personal views, I find it outrageous that a State Chairman (and a National Treasurer) would appear in a legislator's own district and berate them in front of their own precinct committeemen.

I also want you to know that I was not previously an enemy of Mr. Pullen. In fact, I endorsed him and voted for him in his contentious race for State Chairman. But I will not remain silent in light of Mr. Pullen's recent attacks. I believe his conduct is outside his proper role as State Chairman and brings discredit upon the office and the party.

If you would like to see a blog account of what happened, please visithttp://www.seeingredaz.com/ which has an accurate report of what happened.

I welcome your response.

Sincerely,

Representative Sam Crump

District 6

AZ House of Representatives

------------------

1 comment:

  1. Randy Pullen gave money to Harry Mitchell's campaign in previous years. What more do you need to know?

    ReplyDelete

Cactus Alliance encourages debate on issues and ideas, but reserves the right to delete comments that are considered inappropriate.